QuickBooks Error 15271
I am getting QuickBooks Error 15271 while updating QuickBooks Desktop. It shows “Error 15271: The payroll update did not complete successfully. A file cannot be validated”. How can I resolve this error? Help will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
When you try to update QuickBooks Update or downloading a payroll update, you receive one of these error messages:
- Error 15271: The payroll update did not complete successfully. A file cannot be validated.
- Error 15271: The update did not complete successfully. A file cannot be validated.
QuickBooks Error 15271 appears when a file is not validated. To resolve this error, you need to follow these steps:
- First, you need to turn off the User Account Control (UAC) in Windows.
- Click Windows+R to open the Run
- Type Control Panel and then click OK.
- Choose User Accounts and then choose User Accounts (Classic View).
- Choose Change user account control settings. (Note: If you are prompted by UAC, choose Yes to continue).
- Move the slider.
- Set to Never Notify and choose OK to turn UAC OFF.
- Set to Always Notify and choose OK to turn UAC ON ( Note: if prompted by UAC, choose Yes to continue.)
- Restart the computer.
If turning off UAC doesn’t fix the problem, follow these steps:
- Close your QuickBooks, and then open it again.
- If the QuickBooks Update Service message window appears, choose Install Later.
- Update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest versions.
- Close and reopen QuickBooks.
- If you are prompted to install an update, choose Install Now.
- After the installation completes, QuickBooks Desktop opens.
Note: If you are prompted to restart the computer, select Yes.
- Update your payroll tax tables.
- Now, Restart you QuickBooks again.
If you still receive the QuickBooks Error 15271, you can talk with our QuickBooks Expert by dialing our QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1-888-396-0208 and get connected with us.